Facemask containing pearls which can be heated in the microwave to apply heat or cooled in the freezer and used as a cold compress.
- Used to supplement treatment of dry eyes, puffy or tired looking eyes, eyelid conditions, styes, ocular allergies, contact lens irritation, headache, migraine and more.
- Convenient and comfortable.
- Can be used for either hot or cold therapy.
- Heat encourages flow of protective oils found in the eyelids which help prevent evaporation of tears. Softens build-up or crusting found on eyelids before cleaning.
- Often used as part of a HEAT, clean, hydrate regime.
- Non-toxic and suitable to reuse.
INSTRUCTIONS: Mask can be applied over closed eyes or to forehead as required for a maximum of 20 minutes per heat treatment or 5-7 minutes per cold treatment.
To use cold - Suggested freezing time of at least 2 hours.
To use hot - Suggested heating time for single mask:
- 700 Watt Microwave: 15 seconds
- 1000 Watt Microwave: 12 seconds
- 1250 Watt Microwave: 10 seconds
CAUTION 1: for maximum effect it is recommended that heat of approx 40C should be used against eyelids. On first use, please ensure the mask is not too hot before placing in contact with skin. If the mask needs to be heated for longer than suggested above, only heat in increments of 5 seconds until the desired temperature reached.
CLEANING – mask should be cleaned with mild soapy water after each use.
CAUTION 2: External use only. Not designed to be used on infants. Keep out of reach of children. Contents should not be ingested. Only designed to be used as instructed above. Should not be used on broken, irritated, highly sensitive or insensitive skin. Always double check temperature before putting over eyes. Overuse can cause burns. Prolonged heating can damage mask.